About the Company
Walnut is an up and coming startup in the sales automation space, backed by top-notch investors.
We help some of the best sales teams in the world to dramatically perform better, by easily creating a failure-free, codeless sales demo experience that’s personalized to any type of client.
We are a young company that values culture, transparency and achievements, and put our founding members at the very heart of our company.
About the Position
As a Team Lead at Walnut you will be one of the founding team members in a team that’s excited about building amazing products while taking pride in the code that powers it. We don't believe in a single tech stack - but rather choose the right tool for a job. We practice Domain Driven Design to define our systems and reach tech decisions with the stakeholders.
Our current(while writing this post) stack is composed of: React, ReScript, Elixir, GraphQL, Docker, AWS.
We value full ownership, and as such each member of our team has a huge impact on the overall product, from development methods to how we define, build and release new features. We value good craftsmanship and pride ourselves in the product we build and how we build it.
Your Daily Responsibilities
- Managing and mentoring a team of full stack engineers
- Collaboration with Product Management and other teams on requirements, design, integrations and development
- Proactive contribution to continuous improvement of work methodology, product quality and team personal development
- A high level of ownership and responsibility of all work done by the team
- Deep understanding and collaboration with our sales teams to bring our developers closer to our stakeholders
What We’d Love To See
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer with frontend and backend development.
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Excellent knowledge of web development tools(HTML/CSS/JS + React)
- Proficiency in at least one backend programming language NodeJs/Java/Go etc
- Worked in a team ensuring code quality and system security through automation, unit testing and structured code reviews.
- Independent, fast learner and excited about learning new technologies.
- Product oriented, combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and a will to get stuff done.
- You are calm and focused under pressure, and consider work-life balance essential for long-term happiness and productivity.
- You believe effective and successful work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions.