About the Company
Walnut is an up and coming startup in the sales automation space, backed by top-notch investors.
We help some of the best sales teams in the world to dramatically perform better, by easily creating a failure-free, codeless sales demo experience that’s personalized to any type of client.
We are a young company that values culture, transparency and achievements, and put our founding members at the very heart of our company.
About the Position
As a SRE at Walnut you will be one of the founding team members in a team that’s excited about building amazing products while taking pride in the code that powers it. We don't believe in a single tech stack - but rather choose the right tool for a job. We practice Domain Driven Design to define our systems and reach tech decisions with the stakeholders.
Our current(while writing this post) stack is composed of: React, ReScript, Elixir, GraphQL, Docker, AWS.
We value full ownership, and as such each member of our team has a huge impact on the overall product, from development methods to how we define, build and release new features. We value good craftsmanship and pride ourselves in the product we build and how we build it.
Your Daily Responsibilities
- Working hand in hand with engineering to define reliability metrics and processes
- Own and manage our Frontend/Backend infrastructure
- Working closely with management and stakeholders to define our reliability standard, SLOs, SLIs
- Collaboration with Product Management to understand and define reliability metrics for new features.
- Proactive contribution to continuous improvement of work methodology, product quality and team personal development
What We’d Love To See
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Devops engineer
- 3+ years of experience with Front end tooling and methodologies
- 3+ years experience working with the SRE paradigm
- Experience with IaC tools (Terraform/Pulumi)
- Experience building CI/CD processes with tools like Jenkins, CircleCI
- Independent, fast learner and excited about learning new technologies
- You are calm and focused under pressure, and consider work-life balance essential for long-term happiness and productivity.
- You believe effective and successful work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions.