Help your users quickly understand new features by showing them how to use them with an interactive demo.
Increase feature exposure & awareness, user engagement, and retention by showing them exactly what the feature does, how it works, and the value they can get from the feature.
Why announce new features with an interactive demo?
Don’t just explain to users how your new feature works, show them! There’s no better way to learn than to see exactly how it works and how it helps them. Show them how best to utilize the feature and how the feature will help their business.
How it solves your pains:
Quickly show users with ease what your new feature does and how it works to support strong product adoption
How it solves your users’ pains:
Instantly show them the value of your new feature and what the feature can do for them.
How to announce new features with Walnut
1. Guide them. Since it’s a new feature, your users know less about how it will work. Simply guide them through the feature and show them the value they’ll gain by using it.
2. Keep it short. Choose a guided path that includes a maximum of 10 steps in the guide, so the experience won’t last longer than around 2 minutes.
3. Pick the right guide for your needs. Determine whether it makes more sense for your product to include a textual guide with an avatar that explains things, or whether you just want to include a “hotspot” guide that simply indicates to visitors where they should click next.
4. Add context. Use a “modal” guide type to add a welcome message as the first step and quickly explain the value the user can expect to gain from the feature demo.
5. Include a clear call-to-action. Consider your main CTA, whether it’s to “Learn more,” “Try for yourself,” or something else that makes sense for your business. You can add a floating button that will stay on the screen for the entire demo that links directly to the product to make it even easier for users to try the new feature themselves.
- Once you finish creating and editing your demo template, publish the demo, grab the link, and simply add it to your feature announcement.
- Give your prospects a voice. Enable the Comments feature to encourage prospects to let you know what they found interesting in the demo to continue the conversation.
Tracking your interactive demo’s success
1. Once your demo is live on the site, track your demo on our Insights page to see who viewed it, for how long, and which parts they found most interesting.
2. Track comments to resolve questions.
Data points to track
- Activity log in Demo Insights
- Viewers in Demo Insights
- Demo average completion rate